Thursday, August 27, 2009

My own saddistic pleasures...

Sometimes I derive pleasure out of nothing, a different kind of happiness which might seem derogatory/offensive/irritating/stupid to some and I may appear a loser/lunatic to them, yet I like it.
  • Coloring things I like with tints and shades of purple.
  • Posing as though I have a lot many faces and masks on me, but who knows I'm a normal human being with more than average errors...Now that is none of my problem if people hold me mysterious and incomprehensible, and cannot figure out things about me.
  • Seeing Sunlight peeping out from leaves of newly rain washed trees, also light beneath heavy clouds,although I do not hold firmly that every cloud has a silver lining ,yet I like watching them.
  • People trying to stop auto rickshaw while I'm seated behind [well well I admit some other people are a little more happy then me on this point ,yet I like it too] ;) That makes me forget the pain of not getting an auto and loads of stuff to carry many a times.
  • When people don't notice me,or I remain invisible for some. They come and ask, are you in the same class/course/a 4th year student? Also this happens often with people who are supposed to judge me ,they forget to notice me,and give some mediocre analysis/judgement about me, and I like it. Being mediocre has its own pleasure!
  • Laughing till jaws start hurting and my visible nerve on forehead is more visible, on any petty topic like, " last night I killed 240 mosquitoes"-happened during my Mathematics class 10th board exam, or something like some aunt sharing with me all "non-vegetarian" recipe,and I, all the time amusingly hear to it. There are more of such incidents.
  • Hiding magazines like Nandan,Champak,Nanhe samrat,RD' between my books and reading, though it was a tactic to avoid mum crib ,but I knew even then that she was all the time having her share of pleasure-fun, she knew everything,[God she can still read my mind] maybe that enhanced my reading habits manifolds because things difficult to do are more coveted .
  • Hearing all the problems in people's life with all possible interest. That makes me a friend of all, foe of none, and also a boring person having no life of my own so I can mind other people's businesses too. May be I don't get involved so soon and always remain a third party,so I am harmless to everybody,but who knows ,may be my instincts are more alive and solid. I hear and choose to ignore! :) Ignorance is a bliss in itself!
  • Coming back from work and it starts raining, no transport vehicle in sight, I start walking and panting like a dog too,after a while legs start hurting,things seem obscure before my eyes,I don't care what is happening around, I have a sole aim to walk,and walk and keep on walking .Suddenly,traffic halts for more than 5 minutes and I leave behind cars ,rickshaws -all who had surpassed me 10 minutes before. This is called conquering!
  • Hearing weird terms and speculating the real reason behind their origin like 'cigarette pants, smoking jacket '- Can they hold more ciggies for smokers? and ain't they motivating this weird habit? :D I mean what fun people derive out of those fumes of smoke? yucks! Terms like 'leg o' mutton sleeve'- even human bones are shaped alike then why not call it 'leg o' human sleeve' :P , 'Medulla oblongata'- as if ,if you don't attach that rectangle people won't recognize it! 'Cape,Tent jacket'- why do you need to construct it? make yourself so grand so as to accommodate in the real one! 'Hammer ,anvil' bones in the ear- some machinery workshop out there?
  • Remaining awake for two consecutive days/nights and still not wanting to sleep for no reason at all. How can I ? What if someone else sees this beautiful world more than me?
  • Reading attendance list, telephone directories,people's bio data,even recognizing names by faces and memorizing thousands of irrelevant people,their story,birthdays ,about them... although others might not recall or even recognize me at all,who cares; after all ,Can I expect Shakespeare to read my poems because I read his? Everyone is a celebrity, seen from my eyes.
  • In spite of that ,forgetting things, that I wish to forget. I can deliberately forget places ,faces and events. Even computer memory disk needs De-fragmentation and cleaning up sometimes.
  • Feeling "Fright-fight and flight" hormone having a major say in my Psyche, every time I have to publicly speak something. I've begun enjoying myself in trouble.
  • And the last one, breaking the water bubble. How nice it feels to finish a thing!

12 comments:

Rush said...

U are a sadist? No, i dont think so...i can totally relate to every incident u get pleasure of...joining the bandwagon wit ya.
Cheers!!!

sujata sengupta said...

I like doing most of the above things as well!! so happy being a saddist!! esp nothing more fun than bursting a bubble..

Abhinav said...

Not a big list like you but one thing which frequently do is roaming at crowded places like a beach or a mall all alone with my cellphone switched off.

Destiny's child... said...

Whats so sadistic about that? Those the simple, innocent, pleasures of life...aren't they? :)

Shivangi Shaily said...

@ Rush

Cheers to you too !:D

Shivangi Shaily said...

@ Sujata Di
He he

Shivangi Shaily said...

@Abhinav

I have even larger list...This one was comprehensive.

Shivangi Shaily said...

@ Destiny's child

Yes they are, but only few people consider it simple.

Ankit said...

Totally loved it. especially the "conquering" and "beautiful" part. I know you have your own blog, but I would love it if you write for www.homeofbeliefs.com

Shivangi Shaily said...

Thanks Ankit. I would love to write on homeofbeliefs!

G S Pillai said...

Liked all your 'sadistic' pleasures. Wonder what you'd call as simple pleasures though!

Shivangi Shaily said...

simple pleasures are a little more 'simpler' :)