Thursday, September 24, 2009

When my day turned chocolaty...

  • Started at 11.29 p.m. -23rd Sept. when my FB status read..."I love this time every year. 23rd September-11.30 p.m.-12.00 . Everybody pretends...and tries to hide secrets I already know so well! lolz ;)". But then I went offline and waited. Bhaiya was sound asleep till then, He woke up when Mummy papa rang up at 12.00 [their day usually ends up at 10.30 p.m. everyday but they waited for me]. Then he decorated the delicious chocolate cake with chocolate liquid dripping from all sides. I really relished it. Although I am neither so fond of sweets and cakes,nor I have so great an appetite,yet I felt like eating all the cake myself. :P Nevertheless, the never ending sequence of greeting phone calls began. I just loved it. How important can machinery such as cell phone/Internet make us feel at times. I made bhaiya blow 2 balloons for me. I can be torturous at times. B-D
  • In the morning ,again papa-ma rang me up at 5.30...God knows what I talked,it seemed an elongation of my sweet dream.All the relatives, friends-this time no one forgot my birthday :) wished me. Importance glorified again!
  • My daily Puja today lasted for 1/2 an hour. Still I cannot figure out,what wishes did I ask for. May be, many other people in the world are more needy then me. So I wish their wishes are granted before me.
  • I was greeted whole heartily by everyone. What was more cherishing was the fact that it was my last B'day in clg. and it was after a long time that whole class was assembled together,since there is a big submission scheduled for tomorrow so everyone needed to work. Whatever the fact may be, I felt happy to be greeted after every 10 minutes.
  • Raman really made my day by hiding a set of gifts in my handbag after every 1 hour. She began at 9.40 a.m. with 2 melody toffees that she had wrapped in a silver gift paper. At 10.40 she gifted me again a silver wrapped small 5 star. At 11.40 it was a bigger 5 star bar...the size increased gradually, then the magazine "champak" which she knew how much I enjoyed reading since my childhood.Finally it was an English champak with a Game CD. Yaaeey a bonus! It was the cutest way of gifting anything to anyone. I felt like a kid again , when we used to pull out ruled paper out of our notebooks and gave each other self sketched greeting cards.
  • My school buddy who will be a full fledged doctor 2.5/3 years henceforth and her college friend who is equally dear were here for their convention at AIIMS. I spent some quality time with them . Meeting her was equal to revamping pages of old album. Also she gave me a greeting card with an adorable colorful teddy amongst hundreds of black and white ones, declaring me 1 among millions. How special it was!
  • Shweta gave me "Birthday phone mail card" with a lot of communication written onto it. I just love reading-and everyone knows that! Also she mentioned-"Miss blog bee Shivangi Shaily " He he he :D
  • Arpi came to the 3rd floor in the afternoon with a book on Tagore by Sunil Gangopadhyayay. We often share similar taste in books. I'm sure this book will be interesting enough. Also she gifted me a greeting card with a psycho-analysis taste. A certainly cute gesture it is indeed. I can claim that she is the person with similar mental frequency as mine! Thanks a lot Arpi!
  • Then the party time again... while working constantly for near about 1/2 an hour I could hear Usha mam's laughter roar, Shinju mam's occasional giggles and Shivshakti sir's expert comments and was wondering all the time , which class was going on in the other room! Then Ruchi came and said, Shivi-Shinju mam is calling you. By now I had sensed everything fishy but was mum, because as mentioned above I like the median time when everyone pretends to hide secrets. This time it was bigger chocolate cake with choco chips too. Raman told me that sheeza ,Ruchi and she went to evergreens and brought it. While earlier Kawleen and yamini intended to bring it . Who said that our class has group bifurcations! In my case everyone was equally happy. All the teachers made me gulp big pieces while shinju mam smeared cream and chocolate on my face assisted by Sheeza. Though I hate that but loved it too [hypocrisy I know! ;)] The whole thing was worth remembering for the lifetime.
  • Kawleen sang birthday jingles as "many more blogs to you!" instead of many BFs to you... She knew that it would make me feel happier! Nidhi and NT had wished me on phone at 12.15-12.30 singing songs for me. Whoah! :)
  • Then in the afternoon Nitin gave me a Chotu Dairy milk Shot that was totally melted because Priyam taunted him that he should have gifted something to me. He defended himself that it is his Lucky chocolate and would work as a charm for me too, so I should ask for some wish and it would be fulfilled in a day. He has kept it in his pocket for 1 year. Hilarious and sweet ;D
  • Sheena proposed that I should ask everyone to gift me 1-1 swatch each to reduce my workload.
  • Now comes Yamini. She was a little late because she got up late. But then , she took an early leave from her common elective class and especially came to greet me. I went with her to the Hanuman temple near Nirulas and had batasha as prasad! Today being the 6th day of Navratri, this held special prominence.
  • While returning back while I was seated in an auto I saw Jasmine and Sangram crossing the road, so I thought to wave them bye and go, but they stopped me and gave me a big Dairy milk . Another coveted gift!
  • Reaching home, Bhaiya was there with a parker pen, a greeting card for his dearest 'small kid', a bottle of mountain dew, Pasta and paneer ki sabzi as dinner.
  • Scores of Hugs and greetings from others were free free free...
  • An overall excellent birthday I had ... It would be an understatement if I just Thank everyone for it.

4 comments:

Aniket said...

Liked Raman's way.

Destiny's child... said...

Happy Birthday Shivi...May all your wishes come true...may the days ahead be as sweet as the chocolates you received. Happy Birthday Once again...:)

sujata sengupta said...

A very happy birthday shivi, a special girl like you deserves all the treats showered on her and more, god bless!

Shivangi Shaily said...

Thank you everyone! :D