Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Local way of Stress Management



Nowadays, Life is like a pendulum. Hanging aimlessly with the clock, in-spite of the fact that the clock could exist on its own even if there was no pendulum attached. I do the Job of a Designer/Regional Manager/ Hand-loom coordinator/Handicraft-Footwear designer/Marketing Manager/ Computer expert in a Semi-Government Organization, all clubbed into one. Rural management in a nutshell is what it is all about.

Saturation limit has reached and I can no more bear to invoke hope in the eyes of petty villagers and then break them all due to bad Sarkari system! How futile is the work when you are like a handicapped Empress of a country with no help and guidance at all about ruling people. Yet, you are held responsible for each and everything. No one is your friend in the entire kingdom to whom you can reveal your true self! How horrible is that. Everyone is prejudiced with an opinion. I want to break free. Enough of Social/community service. I cannot survive a day, leave alone chances of any prospects in this field. No one in my family needs my salary. Neither do I need any. In-fact everything is saved in mine and my mother’s joint savings account. So there is no need and no greed. Why am I doing this job then? I am not giving even 2-3% of myself in this.

People in my college used to call me Phungsuk Wangdu- a character from the bollywood flick- 3-Idiots. How true that was the term given to me! I was so carefree, yet Single minded those days when everyone around was full of doubts & worries concerning job, course, studies, life etc. I always knew what I had to do and what purpose do I have in my life. My aim was to live a peaceful life. As simple as that. Immediately after passing out I ran away from Delhi and settled in this village. After 20+months of job life, I am totally pissed off! My resignation was rejected in the month of Nov-Dec, yet no improvement is seen since then. There is no charm left in the life.

Only good thing is after days of frustration, anger, pissing off and introspection, my conscious has again started to purify. I have categorized my dreams, however trivial ones so that when I die, I have less things to grumble about.
Dream A:  This was to do Social and community service. With the existing field of my expertise i.e.; designing and Product making in Handicraft sector, I have already done enough. My Job at JHARCRAFT is accomplished. I will not indulge further. Although, if circumstances favor me, I will venture into Entrepreneurship development through proper bank and market linkages. This will be after 4-5 years at least. As of now I cannot think any further upon this. Also Training institute to tap rural handicraft skills would be a good option. My 2 years work has achieved good experience of nuances in venturing into any new industry. Marketing skill will be an added advantage, which of-course I am deficient of! Status of work done: 85%

Dream B:   Excelling in Academics. I have already done PGDIPR. By June 2013, I will complete MEG [Masters in English] as well. Both these courses were through IGNOU correspondence. Next to this I would try to go for a PhD in Design from either NID or NIFT. Also, I dream of teaching kids. Teaching arts/design/trends/fashion/colors- anything would be so much fun. I am hopeful because there is deficiency of good teachers at NIFT as well. Not forgetting Private institutes that have mushroomed all over the country. Teaching is in my blood. All the Kids that I have taught have had a good experience, so I think I can excel in this. Status of work done: 40%

Dream C: Setting up my own Design studio in a serene green environment. I want to practice all type of art forms that I have learnt till now. This includes, Water color, Oil on Canvas, Mural Art, Wood art, Fresco Painting, Interiors, Posters, Caricatures, sketching, gardening etc. I want to hold exhibitions and put my work in Galleries. Next thing that I will go for, after I leave my Job at Jharcraft is this one. I want to seriously advance forward in this. Art for me is something that comes from within. It is my Soul Curry. Status of work done: 25%

Dream D:  Writing a Book. That will demand ample experience. Purpose of doing a degree course in English Literature is this one only. I have two e-blogs called Santalum Odysseys and Creating Opportunities, Changing Lives-Jharcraft. Also, I have been co-authoring three e-magazines/blogs namely: Arbit Speculations, Home of Beliefs and newly started Dream Captive Plant. I have also written reports in two fashion magazines: Innovazione and Fashion and you.   Writing poetry and anything under Sun is my hobby. I have taken part in Poetry Festival in Annual NIFT Spectrum for 3 years in a row. More I read better would be prospects of completing. Status of work done: 5%

Rest assured, I will flow with the natural course...wherever destiny has destined me to go...Unpredictable should be left as it is! Such is the life!  

No comments: