Saturday, February 21, 2009

"the Eclec -tric" show and beyond...

Few things that I came across during the whole experience:


  • Stitch in time , saves nine. I wish I could have started my construction process 1 week beforehand , before relying on any local tailor...then the resultant would have been far better. After all, I stitched the whole garment myself, except for facing, zipper and fitting. I wish, I could have realized that "If one wants to rely on someone, prefer one's own hand." Although this was a good confidence "booster",since Usha mam, seeing the model wear the dress,commented, "wow! its just wow! I cant believe, its your ensemble! You have improved dramatically"!
  • My model was being complimented by all. She not only diverted all the accolades towards me , saying ,"compliment my designer ,she has done a good job", but also , never showed any model's tantrum. Now that's called "modesty" . Even she used to call me up after every 1/2 an hour, asking , "Do you need me for fittings or any such things?" That's called "beauty with brains and so much grace"! God bless you and your sweetness Paridhi...
  • I was a little disheartened by some of the highly busy,administrative and managerial people of the class,who tried to kick us all and climb to the top, but in lieu, became jack of none!
  • The term, "peel off".... designers were supposed to rush to ramp,clap and return back,towards the end of the show, unlike other dept। where,each designer was given equal footage । That left my parents gaping, "why were you people running and clapping like jokers! ",without AV, we still are jokers! kudos to our 'responsible folks'!
  • The "DST"-double sided tape- I knew its importance only today. It has more vital position than any other life saving drug!
  • While way back home, I and Miss yellow billi decided to utilize our food coupon. So went to 'Chaurangi Lane' stall and had pane er roll. While we were having it, I overheard a fellow sitting next to a girl from our class , who was nonchalantly gossiping with her that some of our garments in the show were copies! and he even named dress with a lot of squares, [and guess what it was mine!] God forbid ! How could he? I mean How could any one charge me for a thing that I hate myself. I never copied any idea, I've my whole design-scrap book full of ideas,I believe in giving ideas, but Lo! that's what my ear's ached to hear at the end of the day. I wonder, that's how smoke comes out without fire. If it wasn't My good friend, Ms.yellow billi consoling me throughout, I would have grieved this issue more. But, now, I've learnt one more lesson of the life. when lion walks, Dogs bark!
  • My first show,turned out to be a hilarious one! Not because of some mis-management and inadequacy, but because I was watching everything as 'someone else, or some third person' not getting so much involved. This is evident by the fact that neither did I had any stage fright, nor was I tensed, instead, I was standing still and watching people around. "un-connected "is the right word!

I would prefer writing about my Kavi Sammelan rather than the show. So watch out for more:

No comments: