Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Leaders and followers...

Some people are born leaders...Some are circumstantial leaders, some evolutionary leaders , some supportive fellows and some born followers.
Still there are some other who are born laggards. Lets not talk about them. [may be in an another post sometime...] Subject today is, the first category i.e; the born leaders.

Some genuine problems for them:
  • If they dont know how to diversify and divide the work pressure equally , they can end up in a big mess where everything falls on them.
  • They are supposed to bear all responsibility for all the shortcomings in the whole gamut of activities.
  • Some problems are meant to be overlooked and neglected silently, but in this case it is too difficult to acheive since such people have the tendancy to dominantly express everything, they cannot supress themselves.
  • People working under or with them ,may often doubt that they are being'dominated and overpowered'. Its very difficult to convince them the other way round. So, at such a juncture they should balance everything [mental peace ] and find a safe outlet of outburst of such emotions. Diary or a blog or confiding on true friends can be a good options.

Some advantages:

  • Leaders are the innovators and their dynamism can rule the world. One can keep this faith in oneself very much intact.
  • They and only they will be remembered for their lives afterwords.
  • they can speak out their mind , so the inner conscious always remains tranquill .
  • they can strike a good balance in their personal lives too, because the game is all about balance.
  • 'Multitasking"-an added asset that one can posses, after all this.

Although after writing all this, I feel like ,I can teach management tips to some people.... afterall everyone should think of making 'happy times'out of this meltdown phase.

I can connect with all the above-mentioned things very easily because once upon a time , I was 'made to believe...that I was a leader too'. I'm still reaping the good fruits of this one faith that was sowed while I was a child. I can remember the time when people used to have more faith on me, then myself. I was held 'important'. My suggestions mattered. I could speak out myself, for me and for others. World seemed lovely and a cosy place to live in.

At this phase I was strengthening my one asset "being truthful and authentic". Whatever was inside I tried to maintain the same outside. I was single faced individual!

Also, I can recollect an incident,wherein 5 days before the teachers day[while in Class 10th,we were supposed to manage the whole event by ourselves,and being The SPL of the school I owed all the responsibility], stress,pressure and lack of all management and team-leading skill...resulted in a kind of 'mental-nervous breakdown'! For the 1st time in the life I wept...

Although,the whole event turned out to be satisfactory enough, but the good part was that I was content! I learnt the 1st lesson of my life.

Here ,was a gradual transformation...a sort of evolution into the 2nd and 3rd category i.e,circumstantial and evolutionary...

Although I can go on writing but ...unfortunately I am presently in the phase of"laggards" . So, I would like to continue writing afterwards ..all under influence of this 'lazy tuchcha factor'. :)

No comments: