Sunday, March 7, 2010

Everything winding is called meandering



The meander train is assumed to be the result of the stochastic fluctuations of the direction of flow due to the random presence of direction-changing obstacles in the river path.
Given a flat smooth, tilted artificial surface, rainfall runs off it in sheets, but even in that case adhesion of water to the surface and cohesion of drops produce rivulets at random. Natural surfaces are rough and erodible to different degrees. The result of all the physical factors acting at random is channels that are not straight, which then progressively become sinuous. Even channels that appear to be straight have a sinuous thalweg that leads eventually to a sinuous channel.

Apart from this Geo-morphological definition straight out of wikipedia, I find there is some more reality.

The way tears come out- it's course is really random and irregular. No one can predict when will they betray your eye's command and flow effortlessly.

As a child I hardly remember I had ever shed tears. While many of my elder cousin sisters were married and during the moment of 'Bidaai', when normally everyone wept, what I did was just to stand and gasp cold air. No wonder they might have considered me a hard hearted girl,but because they loved, they hugged me and wept alone -of course with other relatives. Neither did I cried and shed tears when anyone rebuked. May be because there was always a logical reasoning happening in my mind all the time that defied the root cause and need of shedding tears.

My little cousin sis was so sentimental and touching that she would cry out aloud at the slightest evoking from anyone. People around us would tease- she would cry, I would just mock and gaze her amusingly.I wondered if all normal girls are like that, why am I like this?

But that doesn't proves that I am 'stone hearted', instead I have a different way of expressing, which I am sure is more detrimental. I have a stiff pain in my throat, ears and head which starts disfiguring my face ,which I try to hide with smile,laughter and numb -vacant expressions. That pain starts burning,twisting, turning me from inside. In a nutshell, emotions starts meandering.

Although, of late situations have changed . Nowadays Tears flow out at all events. I was quite amused seeing my own tears while watching some scenes from movies recently. Even hearing to my friend's friend story on phone I could deeply feel the staggering pain and wept aloud. While my parents laughed at hearing that, I consoled myself. May be once again I will return back to my normal of drinking all pain ;D . Not because I despise expressing things freely, instead because It has become a habit, a natural course. May be I like myself being caught within meanders.

Life is what you think it is. Not what it is supposed to be ; after all!

4 comments:

Aniket said...

It's okay, in fact good to give vent to emotions, as against the simmering pain in throat kind of self-punishment.

Shivangi Shaily said...

I agree but sometimes you don't plan and do things. Every time you cannot choose between right and wrong. That is why Tears betray always :|

Ankit Chadha said...

came to the blog after a long time... some interesting pics

Shivangi Shaily said...

:)