Thursday, March 8, 2012

O x y m o r o n i r o n i e s

Some of my greatest strengths are weakness as well. All these are so subjective.

1.  H o n e s t y .  I can face the mirror directly. Gazing straight into the eyes is what I can do powerfully. People who are not at all afraid of their own conscious being can do that. Honesty matters most. Till the time I am ethically right in my eyes, I can face the mirror bang on! But people fear that. I have lost some of my very good friends just because of this trait.

2. H u m i l i t y .   Although very few people respect that nowadays, yet that is one thing that is infused in my blood. I lead life in a humble manner. I like doing that until and unless people do not start mocking and taking me for granted. Bhaiya can continue to be humble even if someone slaps him, if that is from some dear one. In my case I will slap back and retort hotly! Humility to a certain limit is what I believe in, otherwise others consider you to be meek.

3. L o v e . Anyone who shares a tinge of love with me, I will continue reciprocating that till the peril of my life. Be it a friend, a relative, any xyz , no love directed towards me is unanswered. I do my best to facilitate it. Although I might look a little too strict to display any sign of affection, yet my heart is always brimming. I even love those tiny flowers in my garden. Recently, they brought tears into my eyes when they bloomed together one day.Yet, the more you love, more are the chances of getting hurt. I have been hurt ample number of times.

4. R a t i o n a l i t y . Sometimes my emotions start overpowering my rational analysis. Yet most of the time I think rationally. In any occasion of laughter or pain, I try analyzing both pros and cones. My decisions might seem impulsive, yet they have a good amount of thought process involved. This makes me appear tough sometimes.

5. D i g n i t y . Certain amount of self esteem is always involved in anything that I do. This dignity has always abstained my close peers/buddies in getting gelled up with me easily. Even all the friends around do not pull my legs, as they respect this feature most. Loss on my part is that I have rare ears to turn all the worries too. Barring 4 best friends and 1 bestest friend, I have less people whom I speak my mind to. Talking about these 4+1 I have put in minimal efforts in making friendship or maintaining that with them. They know me inside out and so do I. Although I know innumerable more number of people ,inside out, but the case is not vice versa in their case.

6. C o m m i t m e n t  .  If I commit to do something, I never back out from that. However harsh the commitment might seem, I stick to my words. Though, I take my own time in committing something because repulsive commitment can prove to be fatal sometimes.

7. U n d e r s t a n d i n g . I understand things and people deeply. This turns out to be a comforting theory for people around, yet for me it results in being taken for-granted many a times. This characteristic has made me a bridge which parts the distances between friends, kith and kins. Bridge is so strong that would never ever change, bend or break. But how many people stop on the bridge and appreciate its qualities? They will not even remember the  location of the bridge. In the quest of never ending Rat race chase, Bridge is always ignored.

I wish I could meet someone with equal number of O x y m o r o n     i r o n i e s  in life. That would be real fun.



2 comments:

Arpita said...

Wow.... can i copy this article? I want my life partner to possess all of these qualities. :)

And about strength and weakness... everything that helps u lead a peaceful and happy life are strengths. Everything else can go to hell. You are not meek or stupid but just a bit different. Strength lies not in retorting but to hold on to your convictions in all adversities. Be the way you are. love u :)

Shivangi Shaily said...

dint i just mentioned that someone knows me inside out? :)